2:00pm until 5:00pm
Brian Mulroney Hall, room 103, Saint Thomas University campus, 825 Montgomery St., Fredericton, NB
Serious legal questions have arisen from the destruction of the Occupy Fredericton shelter at 5AM on January 3rd, 2012. Dr. Paul Groarke will discuss these issues by analyzing the relevant facts, such as the letters presented to Occupy Fredericton protesters, Charter rights, Fredericton by-laws, and what appears to have been the exercise of brute force instead of lawful authority. Handouts will be provided to attendees, and a discussion period will follow the lecture.
Dr. Groarke is a criminal lawyer with over thirty years of experience, as well as a professor of criminology. He has not been retained as legal counsel by Occupy Fredericton or any of its members, as the Law Society of New Brunswick has not granted him permission to do so. He does, however, have an interest in the rule of law as a citizen and academic.
- 17,817 hits
- Occupy Fredericton is the NB capital’s chapter of the global Occupy Movement
- Occupy Fredericton Vs City of Fredericton out of court Settlement The Real Story
- Chinese government will use Nexen’s marketing arm to suppress bitumen prices, warns report
- NB Energy Minister, Craig Leonard makes false assumptions on the Cleary shale gas report
- PENOBSQUIS – THE FIGHT CONTINUES!